Friday 22 July 2011

To pfungwa; a poem


To Pfungwa*


The others, they're the living dead in solitude,

of friends and foes who fizzled for lack of attitude,

ladies who dreamt of becoming beauty queens,

dreams that became hollow manuscripts; never to see the screens.


But me and my life, our destiny is significant,

my passion remains militant.

To fulfil a purpose,

A cause littered with all but intelligent verbose.


Pfungwa,

forgive my folly of yesterday,

I have my excuse, the tardiness of youth I say.

Allow me to enter your better dreams,

of sunny blue skies and many awes in screams.

Forgive me, if in all this I still fall short

Caress my guts and chide what hubris brought.


It was your fault in any case,

You sowed a seed in me to bargain for nothing less.

Little did you know God’s plan and action,

is for me to lead a nation.

A nation I call me,

that with no borders, tax, or any fee.


The path I travel has crossed many,

providence and dividends for the price of a penny.

Of strangers and creatures,

writing fiction and vanity pictures.

I learnt of Oysters that bore a pearl,

hardships that will make me an Earl!


*pfungwa- mind, thoughts.

No comments: