Tuesday 5 July 2011

The love for Chinos

I love Chino’s. I love the way they feel on my skin. The tapered and tailored fit gives me a confidence to take on the world. Chinos are an excellent travelling companion, worn for multiple functions and dressed up in various ways. I wear mine, with a blazer, cardigan, polo shirt or shirt and immediately assume a different persona. I accessorise with belts and shoes and the same pair assumes a different aura.

I have noticed that many men have taken to wearing chinos. Unfortunately they wear chinos as they would ordinary trousers. This is wrong and a travesty. I understand that Americans have to wear everything pleated and buggy. But please not for a pair of Chinos; it doth destroy the “look”. The chinos look says “cool” not “granny pj’s” or “hammer pants”. And that should be the standard of whether or not one is wearing chinos correctly. Do you feel cool? Are you the coolest person in the room? If not, then it might be time to stop wearing chinos. Try something else.

My personal favourites are Chinos by Eden Park, Ralph Lauren and Hackett.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I concur; chinos (worn right) are a great look - very comfortable and versatile. While a classic khaki/stone pair is a must-have, I love the checkered pair and the coral ones - adds a little pizazz ;)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful just beautiful.